Ok, a quick post on connecting Power BI to Oracle. I wanted to do some simple testing by looking at row counts across a Oracle database and a SQL Server database to make sure Data Factory was keeping them in sync.
I under lined simple as I am aware there are many short comings in this approach, however, it serves a purpose.
- Obtain the connection details for the Oracle db. In my case, I am using Oracle SQL Developer and have existing connections set up. These are the fields you will need if you are using a similar approach
- Open Notepad, or similar and transpose the data obtain from SQL Developer, or elsewhere, in the following format:
- Launch Power BI and navigate to Get data
- Paste the connection string into the Server Name
- Enter the user name and password under the database tab
- Click connect, and if the Oracle connection gods are smiling on you today you will see this: